Entertainment and Celebrity Readings at Three Locations
(Towson, MD—October 8, 2013) The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc. has partnered with Barnes & Noble Booksellers to host a book fair at three locations: Pikesville, Towson and White Marsh. The book fairs will be held on Monday, October 14, 2013, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Each location will have a variety of guest readers varying from Baltimore Blast Soccer Players, a zoo keeper and an opera singer, as well as Maryland Teacher of the Year Josh Parker and Baltimore County Public Schools Teacher of the Year 2013 Sean McComb and more. Student performances representing various Baltimore County Public Schools will be held at each site, to include Woodholme Elementary School’s Rockn’ Rockets Dance Team (Pikesville), West Towson Elementary School’s Chorale Group (Towson) and Perry Hall High School’s Music Group (White Marsh).
A portion of all sales (up to 12 percent) from that evening, as well as online purchasing throughout the week of October 11-15, 2013, will support Baltimore County Public Schools systemic initiatives, scholarships and school-based projects such as, but not limited to, instructional initiative grants that are sponsored annually by the Foundation. The Foundation’s Bookfair ID for the event, #11178373, should be provided to the cashier at checkout in the store or entered in the designated area for online purchases at www.bn.com/bookfairs.
“Hosting book fairs at three locations across Baltimore County promises to be a great success, and it allows the public to see our excellent teachers, students, administrators and other prominent guests,” says Deborah Phelps, Director of the Foundation. “We are very grateful for this partnership with Barnes & Noble.”
Featured Guest Readers
Pikesville Barnes & Noble
- Mr. Josh Parker: 2012 Maryland Teacher of the Year
- Mrs. Karen Harris: 2013 Baltimore County Public Schools Principal of the Year
- Ms. Lindsay Luterman: Young Author from the State of Maryland
- Dr. Richard Weisenhoff: Baltimore County Public Schools, Executive Director of Academics
- Baltimore Blast Soccer Player
Towson Barnes & Noble
- Mrs. Suzanne Balaes- Blair: Baltimore Opera Company
- Mrs. Kathleen McMahon: Baltimore County Public Schools, Executive Director of Special Programs and Alternative Education
- Master Colin Vineberg: Baltimore County Public School Sparks Elementary School
- Mr. Mike Deasel : Baltimore BLAST #20 Defender
- Ms. Katie Williams-Coiner: Zookeeper- Baltimore Zoo
White Marsh Barnes & Noble
- Ms. Deborah Phelps: The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Director
- Dr. Debora Brooks: Baltimore County Public Schools Executive Director – Special Education/Curriculum and Instruction
- Sean McComb: 2013 Baltimore County Public Schools Teacher of the Year
- Deeksha Walia, Kenwood High School, Member of Dr. Dance’s Advisory Board
- Pat Healey: Baltimore Blast Defender #9
- Deeksha Walia: BCPS Superintendent’s Student Advisory Council from Kenwood High School
The Education Foundation is a private, non-profit charitable organization under IRS section 501(c)(3). We accept contributions that are designated by donors for specific purposes, such as scholarships and school-based projects, as well as unrestricted funds that are granted by the Education Foundation in response to fulfill school system goals.
Deborah S. Phelps, Director
Flyers for the event and purchase vouchers are available below: