Putting Students First Grant - In Partnership with First Financial Federal Credit Union
Grants for Elementary, Middle and High Schools
In partnership with First Financial Federal Credit Union, The Education Foundation of BCPS, Inc. is pleased to provide the Putting Students First Grant. The review and award of project funds will be based on the project’s anticipated need of supplies, resources, and opportunities/experiences to fulfill classroom needs and to impact student’s educational readiness. The project funds should have a clear alignment with BCPS The Compass: Our Pathway to Excellence, The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Contributing to a Brighter Future and the school’s school progress plan, with clear measurable objectives, and overall impact and potential for successful use and/or implementation.
The 2022-2023 projects funds should be used to support the students served by the educator(s) within their classroom/grade level/department and/or disciplinary area, organization/club or schoolhouse.
Grant funds can be used to:
• Purchase classroom resources such as books to enhance classroom libraries or individual student literacy needs.
• Purchase basic but necessary materials and supplies to meet the academic, health and wellness, social-emotional and/or therapeutic needs of a classroom or student(s).
• Purchase classroom resources such as audio visual/technology supplies to impact the delivery of instruction, must be aligned with the district’s specifications.
• Plan a classroom opportunity/experience such as but not limited to field trips to enhance learning.
• Pursue innovative professional development or new teaching initiative such as hosting a presenter or an assembly, must be aligned with the district’s specifications.
Projects must be conducted and supervised by BCPS professional personnel who work directly with students, including teachers, school counselors, media specialists, nurses, etc. Projects must address an identified need that is aligned with BCPS The Compass: Our Pathway to Excellence, The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Contributing to a Brighter Future and the school’s school progress plans. Funds may not replace normal funding from tax-based sources. The proposal should describe a quantitative and/or qualitative method to evaluate the success of the project. Funds may cover travel, participation in events/activities, consulting fees, and speaker honorariums. Funds may not cover personnel or any related expenses for BCPS staff, including gift cards and food/beverages. If food is purchased for students, it must align with USDA health regulations.
Putting Students First Grant Timeline
$5,000 Award Range - Awarding Grants of up to $500.00 per grant, to BCPS Elementary, Middle, and High Schools
- Application Process: Open August 22, 2022 to September 30, 2022
- Application Closes: September 30, 2022 at 5:00 p.m.
- Committee Review: October 1 to October 18, 2022
- Grant Recipient Notification: October 19, 2022
- Web site Updated and Media Release: October 24, 2022
- Project Summary Submission to The Education Foundation of BCPS: May 26, 2023
- Reimbursement/Disbursement of Project Funds: May 26, 2023
- Submission of Recipient Grant Survey: May 26, 2023
To support the continued growth and success of BCPS students and schools, please contribute to the school system through The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc.
To acquire information pertaining to all grant opportunities contact:
Ms. Deborah S. Phelps, Executive Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Laura Lemon, Associate Director- email@example.com
Mrs. Cindy Whitcomb, Administrative|Fiscal Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc. Headquarters
105 W. Chesapeake Avenue, Suite B-1
Towson, Maryland 21204
The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools are honored to be advocates for BCPS students and families and teachers and schools. We serve as the bridge between you who support our schools and those who work in and lead our schools.
When we speak of partners, we speak of you, our Education Champions, our Ambassadors. Through your act of giving, you recognize our children as the future and want to help better prepare them to embrace the many challenges as well as experience the opportunities ahead.
Together we explore and discover new and innovative ways to prepare our students for the world. Together we witness the ever-changing benefits of being a community.
Visit Making an Impact to see results as we strive to accomplish our mission/vision/goals.
Read about the latest foundation “Books for Bins” initiative https://teambcps.exposure.co/mission-moment-books-for-bins
The Education Foundation’s Caravan of Gratitude is in tip-top shape for the upcoming school year, ready to celebrate and recognize educators, administrators, and office personnel…