Celebrity chef, graduations, and year in review among BCPS-TV show’s features
TOWSON, MD. – A new episode of “BCPS News Show” is now airing on Comcast Cable Channel 73 and Verizon FiOS Channel 34 in Baltimore County and will continue broadcasting through Tuesday, June 30, 2015. The show is hosted by Mary Beth Marsden, a local Emmy Award®-winning broadcaster.
The newest episode includes segments about:
- Celebrity chef and Baltimore County schools alumnus Robert Stewart, who came home recently to share his experiences, success, and skills with BCPS culinary students.
- The creative work done by budding kindergarten engineers at Lutherville Lab elementary school to design, build, and test original catapult projects.
- The progress made by the school system’s S.T.A.T. program this year as BCPS prepares to expand “Students and Teachers Accessing Tomorrow” throughout the system, ensuring that each student will have the technology and skills needed to become successful and competitive in the 21st century.
- The year that was as “BCPS News” looks back at the highlights of the 2014-15 school year in Baltimore County Public Schools.
- The Class of 2015 and its graduation ceremonies as more than 6,700 graduates prepare to enter the job market or military or to pursue higher education.
In a feature called “What’s Trending,” the show takes a look at a visit from NASA Astronaut and Dulaney High School graduate Reid Wiseman; a stop at Pine Grove Elementary School with Maryland Schools Superintendent Lillian Lowery as she celebrates the school’s designation as a Maryland Blue Ribbon School; the selection of Pam Gaddy of Patapsco High School and Center of the Arts as one of 60 teachers to participate in the Supreme Court’s Summer Institute; and the Summer Learning Expo, offered by the BCPS Parent University and Baltimore County Public Libraries.
BCPS-TV, the school system’s television station, produces a new episode of “BCPS News Show” every two weeks during the school year. The program airs daily and the programming schedule may be found at http://www.bcps.org/apps/
Since 1983, BCPS-TV has produced original and instructional programming, interactive DVDs, commercial satellite downlinks, and live telecasts to serve the informational needs of students, parents, educators, and citizens of Baltimore County. The television station also provides opportunities for BCPS students, staff, and stakeholders to learn about and gain experience in television and video production.
Original programs airing on the television station include “High School Sports Scene,” “Math Homework Helpers,” “Kid Conversation,” “Parent University,” “Student Art Break,” “Student Production Showcase,” “Brain Gain,” “Up Beat,” and “The Chalkboard.” BCPS-TV also records and airs systemwide music and recognition events as well as recorded and live stream broadcasts of the public meetings of the Baltimore County Board of Education.