21st Century Enrichment Grants
Grants for Elementary Schools
The Education Foundation is honored to have partnered with Hot Spots Extended Care Programs to launch the 21st Century Enrichment Grants to BCPS elementary schools, in order to fund innovative projects not supported by the school budget. As in the 21st Century Enrichment Grants, projects must address an identified need that is aligned with Baltimore County Public Schools goals for academics and key actions as stated in the BCPS Blueprint 2.0: Our Way Forward and the school progress plans. The project must have clear measurable objectives, and overall impact and potential for successful implementation.
With each project addressing at least one of the following instructional focused 21st century themes as stated, elementary schools will identify an academic and community engagement opportunity within their school house. The goal of the initiative is to diversify elementary educational enrichment opportunities and increase student/parent/teacher/community collaborative efforts in support of Out Of School Time.
The 21st Century Enrichment Grant Goals Are To:
- Serve more children and school community in BCPS with high quality hands-on collaborative events
- Maximize the impact of school community events through the modeling of strategic planning and collaborative efforts, as well as diversify available resources
- Offer capacity building opportunities to partner in the network so they may better serve their educational community
- Offer schools an opportunity to extend the grant into sustainable long-term projects
An elementary school can apply for a Pre-Packaged 21st Century Enrichment Grant that is aligned with a 21st century theme. These grants do not require the applicant to complete a budget overview, as the grant partner and resources have been allocated accordingly.
21st Century Enrichment Grant Timeline
In partnership with Hot Spots Extended Care Programs
$30,000 - Awarding 10 Enrichment Grants up to $3,000.00 to BCPS Elementary Schools
- Application Process: May, 2017-October 20, 2017
- Application Closes: Friday, October 20, 2017, on or before 5:00 p.m.
- Committee Review: Friday, Oct. 25, 2017-Friday, Oct. 27, 2017
- Review by the Education Foundation
- Scholarship and Allocation Committee: Wednesday, October 27, 2017
- Grant Recipient Notification: Monday, October 30, 2017
- Web site Updated an Media Release: Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Recipient Acknowledgement to Attend Orientation: Friday, November 3, 2017
- Recipient and Partner Orientation: Thursday, November 9, 2017
- Grant Showcase and Recipient Announcement: November 13-17, 2017
- Reimbursement/Disbursement of Project Funds: On or before May 25, 2018
- Submission of Recipient Enrichment Grant Survey: Friday, May 25, 2018
- Collaborative Gallery Celebration: May/June, 2018 (TBD)
Check out the links below to learn more about the Pre-Packaged Grants that are available.
The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools works in collaboration with Ms. Kori Wilson, Chief Coordinator, Hot Spots Extended Care Programs, on all initiatives related to 21st Century Enrichment Grants.
Ms. Kori Wilson, Chief Coordinator, email@example.com
CELEBREE Corporate Headquarters
1306 Bellona Ave.
Lutherville, MD 21093
To support the continued growth and success of BCPS students and schools, please contribute to the school system through the Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc.
To acquire information pertaining to all grant opportunities contact:
Ms. Deborah S. Phelps, Director – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Laura Lemon, Associate Director- email@example.com
Mrs. Cindy Whitcomb, Administrative Assistant – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc. Headquarters
105 W. Chesapeake Avenue, Suite B-1
Towson, Maryland 21204
The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools is honored to be an advocate for BCPS students and families, teachers and schools. We serve as the bridge between you who support our schools and those who work in and lead our schools.
When we speak of partners, we speak of you, our Education Champions, our Ambassadors. Through your act of giving, you recognize our children as the future and want to help better prepare them to embrace the many challenges as well as experience the opportunities ahead.
Together we explore and discover new and innovative ways to prepare our students for the world. Together we witness the ever-changing benefits of being a community.
Visit Making An Impact 2023 to see results as we strive to accomplish our mission/vision/goals.
MISSION MOMENT: ANNOUNCING THE 2023-2024 21ST CENTURY INSTRUCTIONAL INITIATIVE GRANT RECIPIENTSMission Moment:
The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc., is pleased to announce the 21st Century Instructional Initiative Grant Recipients for 2023-2024. Project funds were awarded to schools for proposals dedicated to enhancing the skills and knowledge students must have to be successful in the 21st century. Read more here!
GIVINGTUESDAY IS NOVEMBER 28 On GivingTuesday, November 28, the Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc., invites you to become a Champion of Education by donating to support our mission-driven work. GivingTuesday was created in 2012 to encourage people to do good. It has grown into a year-round global movement that inspires hundreds of millions…