Open Call for State of the Schools 2019 Exhibitors
Learning Walk of Knowledge
WHAT: State of the Schools 2019
Hosted By: The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc.
Timeframe: Doors open at 10:00 a.m.
Learning Walk of Knowledge 10:00 to 11:15 a.m.
Floor opens 11:15 a.m.
Program beings at 11:40 a.m.
Program concludes at 2:00 p.m.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 20, 2019 (Snow Date: March 21, 2019)
WHERE: Towson University, SECU Arena, 8000 York Road, Towson, MD 21252
HISTORY: The Learning Walk of Knowledge made its debut at State of the Schools 2018, on March 28, 2018, which is The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public School’s signature event. The addition of the exhibits to this event offered insight into the numerous programs provided through BCPS, to showcase additional students, teachers and principal participation and to foster partnerships within the community. As a result of last year’s success, the Learning Walk of Knowledge extended, enriched, and enhanced school programs by gaining additional community partners who aligned with the foundation with monetary contributions and resources, beyond the allocated funds provided by Baltimore County Public Schools.
We invite you to submit a proposal for consideration, providing your school/office/department the opportunity to participate by showcasing your unique program(s) through an exhibit at State of the Schools 2019, Learning Walk of Knowledge. Last year the exhibits were hand selected by a cadre of BCPS professionals. This year each proposal submitted will be reviewed by the State of the School 2019 Learning Walk of Knowledge Committee comprised of Baltimore County Public School district leadership and the Foundation’s Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
Those who are selected to participate in this year’s Learning Walk of Knowledge through an interactive exhibit, will have an opportunity to allow guests of the State of the Schools 2019 to experience outstanding programs, meet student representatives, the teachers who champion the program, principals who oversee the initiative and in many cases, business partners who are the ambassadors/champions of education to the program itself.
Previous State of the Schools 2018 exhibits included but were not limited to the following:
- Tiny Houses built by students in Construction and Development Programs
- Electric Car built by students in Manufacturing Engineering & Technology
- 2017 BCPS Film EXPO created by students from Visual Arts, Film & Media
- Robotics operated by students from Advanced Technology Education
- Maker Space learning created by students in programs from the Office of Innovative Learning
- Green Screen Visuals operated by students in programs created by the Office of Innovative Learning
- Music Composers created by students in Music Education
- Culinary Cuisine created by students from Hospitality and Tourism Education
- Artwork created by students in Visual Arts Programs from throughout the district
- Music and Dance performed by students in Music and Dance Education
- Manufactured components from Made by CTE
- Healthcare and Bio Sciences showcased by students from high schools and middle schools
- Homeland Security and Forensics showcased by students from Dundalk High School
This year, the Learning Walk of Knowledge will be inclusive of additional exhibits on the upper and lower concourse of the arena. The footprint has nearly doubled, therefore, if you are interested in being considered for this honor simply follow the 3-step process below.
Learning Walk of Knowledge 3-Step Process
Step 1: Review the Open Call for State of the School 2019 Exhibitors outline proposal below. NOTE: ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE COMPLETED ONLINE. (Please use the below outline as a reference point for data collection, not submission.)
Step 2: Complete the Open Call for State of the School 2019 Exhibitors outline proposal provided at www.educationfoundationbcps.org > Learning Walk of Knowledge Proposal Application
Step 3: Submit on or before the deadline, deadline submission on or before Friday, December 21, 2018.
NOTE: The Foundation will accept no more than one exhibit proposal by any one Baltimore County Public School and two exhibit proposals by any one Baltimore County Public Schools Office/Department. Please differentiate proposals by exhibit title.
Be sure to read through all of the guidelines and information, completing the following information below before submitting your application.
NOTE: Approximate Exhibit Size: Average space is 15’ W by 10’ Deep
If selected to exhibit:
- Exhibitors must be prepared to meet as needed with designated BCPS personnel to provide detailed plans and exhibit layout including furniture and electrical requirements, internet usage, special equipment, and hanging apparatus, etc.
- Exhibitors must provide necessary detailed written information pertaining to the program for signage purposes, including logos if applicable.
- Exhibitors must provide all power strips, power cords, computers, laptops, flat screen monitors, speakers for sound if applicable and other resources necessary for the exhibit. (Tables provided upon request by the University and 21st Century collaborative seating provided by American Design.)
- Exhibitors must adhere to the deadlines allocated for set up and break down of the exhibit. (Set up days are March 18 and 19, 2019. Exhibit breakdown is immediately at the end of the State of the School 2019 luncheon and program at 2:00 p.m. All items must be removed from Towson University, SECU Arena by the end of the work day. BCPS Office of Logistics will provide assistance in transporting to and from the arena with appropriate T-Requisitions paperwork submitted and meeting determined deadlines as requested by that office.)
- All exhibit participants – students (2), teachers (1 to 2) and principal (1) will be transported to and from Towson University by Baltimore County Public Schools Office of Transportation. All students must have permission slips submitted and must be appropriately dressed with State of the Schools 2019 t-shirts (provided the day of the event by the foundation).
NOTE: Exhibitors will be notified by Ms. Deborah Phelps, executive director and Ms. Laura Lemon, associate director of The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc.
Questions . . . please contact:
The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc.
105 W. Chesapeake Ave., Suite B-1
Towson, MD 21204
Phone Number: 443.809.8962
Ms. Deborah S. Phelps, Executive Director
Mrs. Laura Lemon, Associate Director
Mrs. Cindy Whitcomb, Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper