We invite you to Be Our AMBASSADOR – Serve as a Judge
Since 2010, The Education Foundation of Baltimore County Public Schools, Inc. has awarded grant opportunities to our schools/offices in support of innovative projects that address 21st Century Themes.
Themes are selected by each school and are aligned with BCPS Blueprint 2.0 and individual school progress plans.
21st Century Themes include the following:
- Arts & Culture
- Business, Economic, Entrepreneurial, and Financial Literacy (BEEF)
- Civic Literacy
- Environmental Literacy
- Global Awareness
- Health Literacy
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM)
Process for Judges:
- Review the attached documents – 2019-2020 Instructional Initiative Grant Application and the rubric
- Make a decision that YOU want to participate, I know YOU do!
- Complete the short, online Judge Commitment Form shown below, which will confirm that YOU will serve as a JUDGE, scoring one, two, or three 2017-2018 grants. (Each application needs to be scored three times, by three separate individuals.)
- The grant application(s) and the rubric(s) will be sent you electronically by Mrs. Laura Lemon, Associate Director. YOU will then read, review, absorb the content, reflect on the impact it will make with our students and our schools, and assess the project, recording your point values on the rubric. Please return the rubric(s) electronically to us and shred the grant application if you printed a copy.
Timeline for Judges:
- Monday, October 21, 2019 to Friday, November 8, 2019: Judging officially begins and officially ends. (We ask each judge to return the scored rubric(s) upon completion.)
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019: The Education Foundation Scholarship and Grant Committee reviews all rubrics and finalizes the process.
- Friday, November 15, 2019: Grant recipients are notified.
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019: Web site is updated and a media release is sent informing our community.
Judging is a confidential process. Schools will not know who scored their grants. Every effort will be made to select grants that complement the judges’ understanding and content knowledge.
Thank YOU in advance for supporting our students and our schools.