TOWSON, MD — The Chesapeake Chapter of the National School Public Relations Association (CHESPRA) presented 11 awards to Baltimore County Public Schools for the quality of its communications efforts.
The regional awards (encompassing Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C.) were presented on Friday, Nov. 4, at the CHESPRA Fall 2016 Conference held in Virginia Beach, Virginia.
“Communications is one of the four cornerstones of the BCPS Blueprint 2.0 strategic plan,” said Mychael Dickerson, the school system’s chief communications officer. “It is part of our culture to foster timely, accurate, and engaging two-way communications, using multiple strategies and tools to reach all of our stakeholders. I want to thank the Department of Communications and Community Outreach staff members for their dedication and creativity in highlighting the great things happening in our schools, cultivating greater understanding of our policies and programs, and encouraging public engagement.”
The awards BCPS received are:
AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE for
- Chinese Cultural Exchange brochure
- 2015-2016 Information Calendar
- 2015-2016 Student Handbook
- 2016 State of the Schools Report
- Growing Up Digital website subsection
- bcps.org website home page
- Parent University television show, summer 2016 episode
- 2015 Back to School Involves You, Too! campaign
AWARDS OF MERIT for
HONORABLE MENTION for
- Team BCPS Day 2016 social media campaign